The Swedish innovation law firm IPQ, has made the strategic decision to merge with the highly prominent and international IP agency, Rouse. The firms have collaborated on joint projects for some years, focusing on IP consulting services and with Rouse’s trademark, patent and legal services which reach out to a global client base including China and the rest of Southeast Asia – an established client base of more than thirty years.
Rouse, a UK headquartered practice, is widely known as one of the leading global IP consultancies, in a closely integrated network, with more than 600 people working in 17 offices in 14 countries. They offer IP services, from portfolio management, disputes and enforcement to strategy, consulting and commercialization. Rouse has a deep understanding of all jurisdictions around the world and a strong focus on more challenging markets such as Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Russia and are passionate about IP and enjoy working with customers who share that passion.
There is no other firm like IPQ. Certainly, in Sweden and most likely across the rest of Europe. IPQ approaches IP from a completely different direction to other traditional private practice firms. IPQ was borne out of a desire to knock down the walls between legal, IP and the business world. They realised there was a tempo mismatch of prosecuting patents in relation to authorities and fast-moving enterprises – they bridge this gap between these worlds which creates energy and synergies.
As part of the patent team you will operate in the role of ‘Competence Lead’. This refers to a position where you will be expected to grow, manage and develop the patent attorneys within the Swedish office. Together with the business lead you will report to the county manager (formerly CEO) and will collaborate closely with the business lead in all matters. You will be responsible for the production, product/service development processes and will have the responsibility to ensure that the team members fullfill their obligations in sales and marketing processes. This will be led by the business lead who also has the P&L responsibility of the team. You will also work on projects as a Key Account Manager which will involve managing the client and their expectations, and coordinating an assigned team of patent attorneys, attorneys-at-law and business consultants in the delivery of the project for the client.
- A first degree in IT, software or related technologies.
- Management or mentoring of other attorneys would be an asset to the position. However, if you do not come with this background but have a desire to assume such a responsibility, this would also be welcome.
- Demonstrable business acumen and knowledge with the ability to quickly understand key IP issues relating to a business.
- Proven ability to work in teams, motivate and inspire others towards a common goal.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence in order to understand the heart of a client’s requirements, which may not be extrinsically communicated.
- Has initiative, independence of thought and an autonomous/proactive approach.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
Please contact MWA on +44 113 3910862 or alternatively e-mail your CV to Kieron Wright, Director or Sophie Caygill, Search Associate; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. All third-party applications will be forwarded to MWA for assessment.